Re: register reload problem in global register allocation

On 3/21/07, wonsubkim <wskim@optimizer.snu.ac.kr> wrote:
I have some problems in global register allocation phase.

I have described some simple architecture using machine description and target
macro file. I use gnu GCC version 4.1.1.

But, "can't combine" message is printed out in *.c.37.greg file in global
register allocation phase. After i have traced the error message, i have
found out the message reload_as_needed. But, I do not recognize the reason
about this problem. I really can't know the relationship between register
reload and my description.

What is your REAL problem ? I doubt "can't combine" is the real immediate symptom, as it's most likely just a dump of rld[].nocombine. Show us at least your error message and the rtl that you think is causing the problem. -- #pragma ident "Seongbae Park, compiler, http://seongbae.blogspot.com";