Re: Google SoC Project Proposal: Better Uninitialized Warnings

On 19/03/07, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 01:49:55PM -0400, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> Perhaps this ought to be looked at again with some seriousness.

I think this is an idea whose time has either come, or will shortly.
GCC's -O0 is much more extreme than that of other compilers I've used.

Is building this early SSA form something that can be tackled by a newbie developer with almost zero middle-end knowledge within the time frame of the Summer of Code?

(At least the core idea, I expect to need more time to actually get
the code polished enough to reach mainline, as it happened with the
Wcoercion project)

Cheers,

Manuel.