Re: Updating libtool in GCC and srctree

On Mar  8, 2007, Steve Ellcey <sje@cup.hp.com> wrote:

>> You'll still need libtool.m4.

> Are you sure?

Yep.  You can do away without a manually-managed libtool.m4 if you use
aclocal and you trust it will always bring in the right version of
libtool.m4 (i.e., in the one that is compatible with the ltmain.sh in
your tree).

Personally, I prefer to manage both libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh by hand,
because then I can make sure they are in sync.

So, yes, don't remove it, replace it with the version from the same
CVS tree.