Re: Adding a new gcc dir

On 3/6/07, Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:
On 06 March 2007 16:07, Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> Well, added a couple of lines to gcc/Makefile.in referring to files in > myproj. Still, although it is partly working one thing is annoying me. > It's using these flags by default: > -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes > -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wold-style-definition > -Wmissing-format-attribute > > Which means using C90, which means no mixed declarations and code, no > C++ comments, etc. Is there any way to compile at least, my files with > c99 constructs?

  Take a look at the section of gcc/Makefile.in beginning "# Various ways of
specifying flags for compilations:" and go from there.

> Or all gcc code should be built like this??

  Well, for your own personal purposes, you can do whatever you like, but it
is part of the coding standard that all gcc code should be bog-standard C90,
so that it is possible for end-users to build gcc on any machine, even a very
old one with a very old compiler.

OK, thank you. I'll adhere to this standard them. :-)

    cheers,
      DaveK

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm