Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

"Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez" <lopezibanez@gmail.com> writes:

> Google Summer of Code 2007 is on [1] and I hope GCC will participate
> again [2]. This year the program starts much earlier [3]. Mentoring
> organisations are expected to apply from March 5 until March 12 (that
> is, next week!), while student applications will be accepted from
> March 14 until March 24.
>
> I am looking forward to participating as a student (I am already
> thinking about potential projects) but for that, I need that GCC
> participates as a mentoring organisation.

Indeed, we do plan to participate again this year.

Thanks for the reminder.  As Manuel says, anybody who is interested in
participating as a mentor or a student can read the information at
http://code.google.com/soc/ now and get ready to apply.

We'll also need suggestions for ideas to work on.  Anybody who is
interested please take a look at
    http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode
and update it as needed.

Thanks!