Re: Re; Maintaining, was: Re: Reduce Dwarf Debug Size

Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
On 02/03/07, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
A week is too short of time to ping a patch.

Ups! I actually believed that a week was the recommended time to ping a patch. What is it then?

I remembered a week as well, but http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html says two weeks.

I agree with Joe that you can't always expect an answer within a week, but I don't think that necessarily means that pinging after a week or so is a bad thing; it just means that patches are likely to get pinged sometimes. It seems to me that pings work reasonably well in practice to deal with the "someone else should review this" problem.

- Brooks