Re: Unsure about a new warning in mainline

On 14/01/07, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> wrote:
Paolo Carlini wrote:

>> New? Woverflow is not new, as far as I know, if was just a bit broken,
>> especially in C++. But in these cases in particular, nothing should
>> have changed since we branched 4.2.
>
> Well, certainly new wrt 4_1-branch, the last release branch...

By the way, "new" also wrt current 4_2-branch, in the sense that the
latter doesn't emit *any* overflow warning for the snippet in 30465,
with explicit -Wconversion too...

And it does with Wconversion? Wconversion should not emit any overflow warning, that is responsibility of Woverflow.

I will investigate and report back. If you find more cases or issues,
please add  manu@gcc.gnu.org to the CC list of the PR.

Cheers,

Manuel