Re: proposal to clean up @node Warning Options in invoke.texi

Chris Pickett wrote:
Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > I assume the -Wno-xxx that are set by default would be moved to the
| > "default" section?

If you meant something else in addition, can you give an example?

I'm not subscribed to the list and so I missed Tom's message:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-01/msg00350.html

"Recently I tried searching the docs for '-Wdeprecated'.  There's only
one hit... you have to think to search for '-Wno-deprecated' to find
the actual warning.

So, one cleanup I would like to see is an @opindex for *every* flag.
In particular both -Wfoo and -Wno-foo should both be in the index, so
that a search for either one yields a useful result.  (The underlying
idea being that you should be able to copy any option from a command
line into info, and find docs for it.)"

Just to clarify, I think that would be useful as well, but I also think we should avoid duplicating the entire index in the default section. (For space reasons, and also because it is technically not correct either, at least according to Manuel's reponse.)

Cheers,
Chris