Re: SSE (Pentium 3) - Is this correct?

On 08/01/07, Revital1 Eres <ERES@il.ibm.com> wrote:

-ftree-vectorize flag is missing. (see http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/vectorization.html for more info about the flags you should use)

Ah, didn't know about that. I don't have that flag on my main dev machine (still using 3.4 branch) but I do have it on my laptop.

Also, currently the vectorizer is applied only on loops. (please see the
Auto-vectorization
page for examples)

Ah, didn't know about that either. Is it likely to work on non-looped code in the future? Not that it matters that much as this code is generated and easy to change.

thanks,
MC