Re: Do we want non-bootstrapping "make" back?

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 06:00:53PM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> So, assuming we go back to the old behaviour, 4.2.x would be the only series
> for which 'make' performs a complete bootstrap?  Seems a little odd.  I think
> we need a clear cut here: either automatic bootstrap is a good feature and
> we're done, or it (after all) isn't and no series of compilers should be
> released with it.

Someone else gets to make that decision then.

I'm somewhat sorry for raising the issue; I took another look at it
last night, and it would be harder than I thought to get it working.
And I certainly don't have time to do it before 4.2.0.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery