Re: mpfr issues when Installing gcc 3.4 on fedora core

Still no luck so far .. I got the gcc3.4 from the gcc archive. Any way
I can make gcc 3.4 not use these libraries ?

thanks
dz

On 1/4/07, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 07:25:03PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> In case you still get the warning after trying that, I think that one
> can get the same kind of problems when the ABI is incorrect, e.g. a
> 32-bit GMP library in /usr/lib, a 64-bit GMP library in /usr/local/lib
> and a MPFR build in the 32-bit ABI (contrary to GMP, MPFR doesn't
> change the ABI by default): the 64-bit GMP library will be skipped,
> and the GMP library will be taken from /usr/lib (whereas the gmp.h
> will still be taken from /usr/local/include).

It is an annoying problem that MPFR and GMP follow inconsistent rules.
For example, if you configure the current version of both on a
sparc-sun-solaris machine, GMP will build a 64-bit version and MPFR
will build a 32-bit version.