Re: Link tests not allowed

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 06:12:23PM -0800, Jim Wilson wrote:
> Admittedly, the configure error printed is a bit misleading.  It used to
> make sense when it was first written, but a lot of stuff has changed
> since then, and the error message never got updated.

The GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES error message really ought to (A) get logged in
config.log, and (B) tell you why it decided link tests were forbidden.
(And it's my fault originally IIRC.)

I'm not at all sure how the nm failure ends up leading to this problem,
but I'll take your word for that part.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery