Re: gpl version 3 and gcc

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 07:35:39PM -0800, Brooks Moses wrote:
> Ed S. Peschko wrote:
> >And in any case, why should it be off-topic? I would think that
> >the possibility of your project being divided in two would be of
> >great concern to you guys, and that you'd have every single motivation to
> >convey any sort of apprehension that you might have about such a split
> >to the group that could prevent it. After all - lots of you are putting
> >a great effort into GNU software basically gratis...
>
> I and many other GCC developers read a number of lists; this is not the
> only place we exist.  Thus, the fact that this is something that we
> might wish to discuss is not congruent with it being something that we
> want to discuss _here_.
>
> What you are describing are reasons why we might want to discuss this in
> some forum elsewhere.  They are not reasons why it should be considered
> on-topic in this particular list.
>
> - Brooks

Fine.. as I said, what's a reasonable forum to discuss this on? gnu.misc.discuss
just doesn't cut it.. gnu.licensing.discuss might be better if it existed..
linux-kernel discusses it at length - where I guess it is not considered off-topic -
but that doesn't reach either the FSF, or developers,  or stallman as far as I know.

It doesn't seem that there *is* a decent forum for discussing it (or so google says).
Let me know if you know otherwise.

Ed