Re: Reducing the size of C++ executables - eliminating malloc

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:03:10AM +0000, Paul Brook wrote:
> > C++ files get the personality routine reference even if they don't
> > have anything with a destructor which would need cleaning up.  We ought
> > to be able to emit (somewhat smaller) unwind information which doesn't
> > reference the personality routine if it's going to have nothing to do,
> > shouldn't we?
>
> Ah, ok, sorry. ARM unwinding works a bit differently, and you always need a
> personality routine.

Right - which is why it was such a headache for us, isn't amenable to
_Unwind_Backtrace / _Unwind_ForcedUnwind, et cetera.  For .eh_frame,
though, the personality routine is only necessary to run cleanups
and check exception specs.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery