Re: compiling very large functions.

> > Tree alias analysis can partially disable itself though:
>
> No, it can't.  Tree alias representation can :)

I presume you're thinking of the pass that performs the analysis, while I was
more thinking of the global machinery; my understanding is that the machinery
will not be able to disambiguate memory accesses it would have been able to,
if the limit were not reached.

> it is also not really partially disabling. It's really fully disabling
> in 99% of

Partially because it only affects call-clobbered variables IIUC.

--
Eric Botcazou