Re: Bootstrap failure on trunk on linux? (libgmp.so.3 exists, but not found)

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 10:57:14AM -0800, Brooks Moses wrote:
> I've been setting up a Debian box to do builds on, and make bootstrap on
> mainline is failing somewhere in the middle of Stage 1.  The problem
> appears to be that it's not looking in the right places for libgmp.so.3
> when it calls ./gcc/xgcc at the end of the stage.

It's doing exactly what it ought to, though unintuitive.  If you tell a
-compiler to use L/usr/local/lib, you're responsible for also setting
up either an rpath or LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point at /usr/local/lib; doing
it by default causes all kinds of problems.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery