Re: regenerating configure in gcc

On Nov 1, 2006, at 7:56 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
autoreconf -I ../config

In general, you will want to check the Makefile and see what it uses to run aclocal.

In java for example, they use:

ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I . -I .. -I ../config

So, in fact, I think you regenerated the file incorrectly. You will either want to --enable-maintainer-mode and use make to regenerate them or be careful in how you regenerate them (if you check in regenerated files). Each directory is randomly different. Side note, if you need config, then, you'd want to ensure that you add - I ../config to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS if it doesn't already have it, so that the next person to regenerate the file doesn't `remove' your patches.