This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Build report for gcc 4.1.1 on hppa2.0w
- From: <vartan dot narinian at nokia dot com>
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:07:29 -0000
- Subject: Build report for gcc 4.1.1 on hppa2.0w
Output from gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: ../gcc-4.1.1/configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-local-prefix=/opt/local --with-gnu-as=/opt/local/bin/as --with-gmp=/opt/local
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.1.1
Languages built: c,c++,fortran,java,objc
Host/Target specific notes:
1. The current host/target-specific notes state that gcc 2.95.x cannot
be used to compile gcc 3.0 and up. However, I successfully bootstrapped
gcc-4.1.1 using gcc-2.95.2.
2. I used gmp-4.2.1 and mpfr-2.2.0 (patch 16). On this platform
mpfr-2.2.0 additionally needs a patched mpfr-longlong.h, otherwise
'make check' fails. This has been kindly provided on the mpfr download pages.
Future versions will include the correction.
3. The gnu linker is not supported on this platform, but the gnu
assembler is. So gcc has to be built --with-gnu-as but the standard
4. If makeinfo is missing from the system, 'make install' fails
in the fastjar/ subdirectory. You need to 'touch fastjar/fastjar.info'