Re: GMP test

if test -d ${srcdir}/gcc && test x$have_gmp != xyes; then
fi

but I think that the whole test now belongs in the GCC subdirectory, not in the toplevel (it was anyway a hack for the sake of disabling Fortran).

Moving it is not really a good thing anyways as you are able to configure and then do a "make -j3" and it is hard to figure out why the build fail because you don't have the correct version of GMP/MPRF.

Maintainability first. If something fails with parallel make, and is reproducible with plain "make" (i.e. doesn't screw up the build directory), I don't see a reason not to move it. You'd do "make" anyway to check if a dependency is missing, wouldn't you?

Paolo