GCC 4.2 branch created; mainline open in Stage 1

I have created the GCC 4.2 branch. The branch is open for regression-fixes only, as is customary for release branches. I believe I have completed the steps in branching.html with two exceptions:

1. I have not created a mainline snapshot manually. I don't quite understand how to do that, and if the only issue is incorrect "previous snapshot" references in the generated mail, it doesn't really seem worth the trouble. If there's some more grievous problem, please let me know, and I will try to fix it tomorrow.

2. I have not regenerated {gcc,cpplib}.pot, or sent them off to the translation project. Joseph, would you please do that, at your convenience?

The mainline is now in Stage 1.

Thanks to those who helped fix PRs to meet the 4.2 branch criteria!

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery