Re: stability of libgomp and libssp

Eric Christopher wrote on 10/19/06 17:33:

I was wondering if anyone planned on changing abi or if we can depend
on all changes not breaking the abi of these libraries?

There is nothing planned in that area, but I wouldn't want to guarantee ABI stability. Mostly as a result of bug fixing. Since this will
be the first official release, I expect several bugs that may introduce
ABI problems.

Unless you can use some kind of versioning, I don't see a good way to address this.