Re: building gcc

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 02:39:39PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> Bob Rossi wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'd like to build gcc with just the C/C++ front ends. Are there
> >any configure options I could use to make only a minimum gcc
> >build to get those 2 languages working?
>
> Take a look at the Fine documentation that is available at
> http://gcc.gnu.org

Yes, thanks.

> In particular looking at the installation documentation where it
> describes the --enable-languages=c,c++ configure option would be useful.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

> The answers to your other questions can be found in the documents and
> WIKI at gcc.gnu.org.

In particular, I was just wondering how do compile GCC with debug. Not
how to debug it. I tried CFLAGS="-g" ./configure ..., but it still
compiled with gcc -O2 -g. Anyways, if anyone knows a helpful configure
trick that will help get me ready to debug gcc, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi