Re: [Dwarf-discuss] asmlinkage directive with debug_line ?

Jun Koi wrote:
Hi,

Anybody please tell me why asmlinkage directive in Linux kernel code
makes its content disappear from debug_line section?

I compiled Linux kernel, and found that in a file with several
asmlinkage directives (like sys_read() in fs/read_write.c), many lines
are not listed in debug_line at all. Why that happened? And in that
case, how can a debugger solve the problem of reasoning to the source
code in a syscall?

The DWARF mailing list is for discussions about the DWARF Debugging Standard, not about details of how a particular compiler or debugger implement the standard.

Possibly someone on the GCC mailing list can offer
some answer to your question.

One first suggestion I would have is that you compile
the source in question and take a look at the assembly
code which the compiler generates.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077