Re: Darwin libgcj linkage issue

Jack Howarth writes:
 >    I noticed that on Darwin PPC we get warnings of the form...
 >
 > symbol _fabsf used from dynamic library /usr/lib/libm.dylib(fabs.o) not from earlier dynamic library /sw/lib/gcc4/lib/libgcj.8.dylib(sf_fabs.o)
 > symbol _fabs used from dynamic library /usr/lib/libm.dylib(fabs.o) not from earlier dynamic library /sw/lib/gcc4/lib/libgcj.8.dylib(s_fabs.o)
 > symbol _scalbn used from dynamic library /usr/lib/libm.dylib(scalb.o) not from earlier dynamic library /sw/lib/gcc4/lib/libgcj.8.dylib(s_scalbn.o/sw/lib/odcctool
 > s/bin/ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding may result in errors or different symbols being used
 > )
 > creating gappletviewer
 >
 > Should we have wrappers in gcc/libjava/classpath/native/fdlibm/sf_fabs.c and
 > gcc/libjava/classpath/native/fdlibm/s_scalbn.c to use avoid compiling the
 > gcc versions of those functions and using the external libm versions instead?

This is some kind of Darwin-specific breakage.  In libgcj we supply
accurate versions of these functions because on some systems the
standard versions don't meet Java requirements.  There is no reason at
all why the same symbol can't occur several times in the library path,
and this is quite normal.

Can this be fixed in a Darwin-specific way?

Andrew.