RE: Re: Visibility=hidden for x86_64 Xen builds -- problems?

Jan,

> Xen gets compiled with -fPIC, and we recently added a global
> visibility
> pragma to avoid the cost of going through the GOT for all access to
> global data objects (PIC isn't really needed here, all we need is
> sufficient compiler support to get the final image located outside the
> +/-2Gb ranges, but large model support is neither there in older
> compilers nor do we really need all of it either).

Have you tried protected visibility?  Internal accesses are direct, but they still use GOT slots...

HTH

Evandro Menezes                          GNU Tools Team
512-602-9940                     Advanced Micro Devices
evandro.menezes@amd.com                      Austin, TX