Re: Making your branches smaller for easier merges

Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote on 09/27/06 18:25:
> On 27/09/06, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> If a pristine directory needs changes from the directory I branched, I'm
>> in trouble.
>>

> Why? Sorry, I think I don't understand what you mean.

Say I branch gcc/gcc and keep all the runtime libraries pristine.  Now
suppose that a new change in mainline introduces changes in gcc/libgomp
which require a new compiler option.

Since I branched gcc/gcc I'm out of sync with mainline and now libgomp
doesn't build, forcing me to merge my branched directory.