Re: Removing the use of CONSTRUCTOR for Vectors

On Sep 17, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 10:33 -0700, Chris Lattner wrote:
On Sep 16, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

I just got crazy idea, since we really don't like CONSTRUCTOR that
much
and we already know the lengths of Vectors, we can have a VECTOR_EXPR
which we could then use instead of CONSTRUCTORs.

What don't you like about CONSTRUCTOR's?

For memory usage for vector type, they are use too much memory, more than twice than what is needed for a vector.

Isn't that also true for densely initialized arrays? I'd expect arrays to be far more commonly used than vectors. Why make the new construction specific to vectors?

-Chris