Re: BFD Error a regression?

Nick Clifton wrote:
Hi Jerry,

While compiling LAPACK with -O3 -funroll-loops -march=nocona I got the following error message:

BFD: BFD 2.16.91.0.6 20060212 internal error, aborting at ../../bfd/elfcode.h line 190 in bfd_elf32_swap_symbol_in

If you are able to reproduce this bug, then please try using the latest version of the binutils from the mainline of the CVS repository. If the bug still exists there please submit a binutils bug report (at: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/) and we will be happy to investigate. (If you can include a simple test case that reproduces the problem, preferably without needing to build a special compiler, that will help immensely).

Cheers
  Nick

I observed that ar and ranlib are invoked by make to build the LAPACK libraries. I was using make -j3 to do this. When I do not use the -j option the build proceeds normally, so I am OK here.

There are several hundred object files being pulled together here. I don't think I can reproduce the problem with a smaller set. I will just avoid the option.

Thanks,

Jerry