Re: Getting at basic block info from an insn

> Two part question:
>
> 1)  Does the control flow graph exist at the time we're emitting
assembler
> instructions?
>
> 2) If so, how do I go at getting at the basic block info, specifically
> successor info, if the only thing I have is a rtx for a conditional jump
> insn?
>

> Okay, maybe a 3-part question.  Given said jump insn handle, I'm trying
> find out if either of the targets is a loop exit.  Is there an easier way
> to do so than finding the successor arcs and seeing if either is flagged
as
> a loop exit?

Higher level reasoning for above questions.  I'm looking for an alternate
approach to the branch probability problem I encountered.  Approach I'm
considering is to recognize when a branch is a loop exit and prohibit
appending any PowerPC branch hints.

-Pat