Building libstdc++ for powerpc-eabi

I'm running into problems building libstdc++
for powerpc-eabi.  It eventually fails with an
error message saying "Link tests are not allowed
after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES" while it is checking
to see if libgcc_s exists.

Meanwhile, config.log for libstdc++ shows lots
of compile failures.  So I think that the error
while looking for libgcc_s is really a red herring.

The compile failures are the result of ecrti.o
not being included in the link.  Nick Clifton
posted a message about this, with a patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-02/msg00039.html).
After applying this patch, libstdc++ builds OK.

Following the discussion on that thread, it seems
like the suggestion is that one should build gcc
for some other similar target, such as powerpc-eabisim,
which sort of misses the goal of building powerpc-eabi.

So, what is the right way to build g++ for powerpc-eabi?

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077