Re: Revert patch for MIPS TImode functions for 4.1.1

Martin Michlmayr wrote:

* Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> [2006-05-22 22:37]:

Of course, it would be nice if reporters could double check that on
those machines gcc4.1.0 behaves the same.

I can confirm that the abi_check failure has gone away now that I have
generated the de_DE locale.

Many thanks.

This makes me wonder, though, whether GCC could check whether the
de_DE locale exists on the system and if not skips the abi_check test
since it'll only give misleading results in that case.

I see your point, and indeed we are planning improvements in that area. However, believe me, the issue is not that simple because there are zillions of different configurations which lead to seemingly incompatible symbols, it's not just matter of checking whether the locale model is "right"... And of course it's more general than abi-check, long term we do not want to rely on de_DE being installed to figure out the appropriate locale model.

Thanks,
Paolo.