Re: GCC SC request about ecj

Tom> So, could the SC please discuss the ecj plan and let us know whether
Tom> it is acceptable?  It would also be helpful to have some idea of how
Tom> long the discussion might take.

Ping.  Any progress to report?

Since I still think this is the best way forward, I started work on
it.  I've got a prototype working here.

I'd like to commit it to a branch on gcc.gnu.org.  But, I don't want
to offend the SC any more than I have to ;-).  So, please also let me
know if this is unacceptable and if so, why.  I suppose in the absence
of a response I'll just consider it a maintainer's prerogative and go
ahead.

Tom