Documentation of vector intrinsics / SSE2

Hi,

I'm trying to learn about GCC's support for vector arithmetic and found
the section "Using vector instructions through built-in functions", which
answers a lot of questions, but unfortunately does not address things
like gathering scalar values into a vector type or reading scalars
out of such a variable, which I think is quite important for everyone
who wants to use this nice extension.

More X86-specific, the section "X86 Built-in Functions" documents
builtins for MMX, 3DNow, SSE, SSE3, but appears to omit the vector
intrinsics for SSE2 like, e.g., __builtin_ia32_sqrtpd().

I would volunteer to expand the documentation in these two places
if an insider could point me to a place where I can find
the necessary information.

Cheers,
  Martin