GCC FAIL WITH BASIC STL EXAMPLE

Hello Guys,

I am developing some applications that extensively uses STL. I plan to use
the
traits -> iterator_traits to get information about which type do I need to
return.
Unfortunately, I've been experienced some problems to use such
functionality.

This simple test code was extracted from the SGI-STL website, but oddly
enough it doesn't compile:
#include
#include
#include
#include

template
std::iterator_traits::value_type
last_value(InputIterator first, InputIterator last) {
  std::iterator_traits::value_type result = *first;
  for (++first; first != last; ++first)
    result = *first;
  return result;
}

using namespace std;

int main()
{
	std::vector teste(10);
	fill_n(teste.begin(),10,1.2);
	double result = last_value(teste.begin(),teste.end());
	return 0;
}

The error response is:
argdeduction.cpp:8: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type
conversion before âlast_valueâ
argdeduction.cpp: In function âint main()â:
argdeduction.cpp:21: error: âlast_valueâ was not declared in this scope

Hopefully,
Trincheira

Sent from the gcc - Dev forum at Nabble.com.