Re: [Ada] Integer repesentation in the Ada FE

Bernd Trog wrote:

Reading the comments in ttypes.ads suggests that there is at least a
clear distinction beteen host and target integer types.

Yes it tries to, so if you find problems they should be fixed

package i is
   subtype I32767 is Integer range -32767 .. 32767;
   --  Note: -32767 is in the Uint_Direct range!

This is a host type, not a target type, and this Integer is the host integer.

Actually it was these questions about Uint that made me
think you were worried about HOST integer size being
16, which is what I think is hard. Target integer size
should be OK or close to OK to be 16.