Maintainers and new contributions

The SC would like to ensure that before we accept any major
contribution, like a new runtime library or back end we have a
maintainer lined up for that component.  The purpose of this policy is
to avoid taking code for which, for whatever reason, we cannot find an
available maintainer, or which the maintainers available are in some way
unsatisfactory.

To be clear, although this discussion was somewhat inspired by the
libsse-math stuff, it is in no way a comment about Richard G.; the SC is
uniformly pleased to have him maintaining this new component.  However,
in future, before we accept similar contributions we should clarify that
the submitter (or someone else) is willing to be a maintainer, and ask
the SC to sign off.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell