RE: Posts don't appear on the gcc mailing list...

On 11 April 2006 02:34, Mark Cuss wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've subscribed to the gcc mailing list from my work account
> (mcuss@cdlsystems.com) but none of my posts appear on the mailing
> list...

  Ok.....  point one:

> The mail doesn't get bounced back so I assume it's getting
> delivered,

  That's a false assumption.

> but nonetheless my posts don't show up on the list...

  That's strong evidence in favour of believing the previous assumption to be
false.

> Is there someone who can give me a hand with this?

  Probably you can, as it happens!

  The sourceware.org lists are set up so that every message that is rejected
generates a bounce, and every message that is not rejected is forwarded to the
list and posted to the archive.  Although it is conceivable that your posts
could have been lost in between being received and being forwarded, everyone
else's posts are going through fine, and any such glitch or bug is unlikely to
depend so precisely on the sender, so the most likely theory is that your
posts are getting rejected for some reason, and that for some other reason you
are just not /seeing/ the bounce messages that explain why your posts were
rejected.

  Go to your spambin, and take a look through it, and I reckon you'll find the
bounce messages that explain why your posts were rejected.  If you really
can't find any sign of any bounces, reply to this post, Cc'ing both me and the
list, and I'll see if I can see any problems with your message format  The
most obvious one - are you sending HTML?  That's against list policy.  See
http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html
for the full details.

    cheers,
      DaveK