Re: GCC Compiler Engineer job (I am not a recruiter)

Rick Edwards wrote:

> We are a strong and growing company working in some very advanced DSP
> silicon.

We have (had) a policy against these kinds of recruiting messages on the
GCC lists.  Instead, it was suggested that people work through the FSF's
job-listing service.  Unfortunately, I can't find the messages (from
back in the EGCS days, IIRC) where that policy was discussed.  It also
used to be part of a FAQ on the web site, but I can't find it there
either.  So, I can't see how you could possibly have known about this
policy, and no criticism is intended!

Recently, there has your message, and Benjamin Kosnik's message about
internships -- so we need to either reconfirm the earlier policy, or
decide that it's obsolete.

Clearly, CodeSourcery has an interest in the outcome.  Either resolution
is OK by me, but if it's now considered OK to advertise job listings on
the lists, then we're certainly going to do it too, and if it's still
not OK, then we ought to try to find some way to make clear to people
that this is not an appropriate use of the lists.  Otherwise, we're in
the situation where people who know the history can't use the lists to
advertise job listings, but new players can.

Thoughts?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery