Re: [RFC] Ignore TREE_CONSTANT_OVERFLOW in integer_zerop

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > 2006-04-01  Roger Sayle  <roger@eyesopen.com>
> >
> > 	* tree.c (integer_zerop): Ignore TREE_CONSTANT_OVERFLOW.
> >       [...]
> > 	(int_size_in_bytes): Likewise.
> > 	(host_integerp): Likewise.
>
> Is this an oversight?

Doh.  Indeed.  The last two lines of the ChangeLog should read

	(int_size_in_bytes): Ignore TREE_OVERFLOW.
	(host_integerp): Likewise.

As one aspect of the series I've been investigating is to unify these
two flags, I tend to think of them a synonymous.  The only difference
in semantics is that the C/C++ front-ends uses both to track whether
a diagnostic has been emitted.  It turns out that this conceptual
difference can be handled entirely in the C family front-ends, and
at the same time improve the diagnostic warnings that are emitted.

Indeed, a many of the uses of TREE_OVERFLOW or TREE_CONSTANT_OVERFLOW
currently test the wrong one, but the vast majority of writes are
to clear these flags to prevent them screwing things up.

Good catch.  Thanks.

Roger