Re: Ada subtypes and base types

>>>>> "Duncan" == Duncan Sands <baldrick@free.fr> writes:

Duncan> That still leaves the problem of how the Ada front-end tells the
Duncan> middle-end that a variable is known to be in a certain range.  Due
Duncan> to the way the language works, the front-end often does know a useful
Duncan> range, helpful for optimisation.  If using types with strange ranges
Duncan> is out, and ASSERT_EXPRs aren't appropriate, what is left?

Yeah, there's got to be something.

On irc today we were discussing handling 'this' in gcj.  We can add an
attribute to the argument to mark it as non-null... but strangely
there doesn't seem to be a way to mark other local variables as
known-non-null -- a curious deficiency.

Tom