Re: do_spec(), do_spec_x() and execute() in mygcc/gcc/gcc.c

On Mar 26, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Ben Elliston wrote:

A seperate but sort of related question is: After looking at
Makefile, I think toplev_main () in toplev.c (which is wrapped in
main() in main.c)is compiled to cc1(i.e, $BACKEND), is it correct?
But why can't I find cc1 in the mygcc/bin directory after make and
make install?

That's because cc1 is invoked by the driver and as such, cc1 is not meant to be invoked by users. Only user-visible executables are meant to be installed into the bin directory.

cc1 is installed either in libexec/gcc/ or lib/lib-gcc depending
on the version you looking at.

You can find out which one via adding -v and seeing how cc1 is invoked.

-- Pinski