GCC & libtool - plans for moving to libtool 1.5?

I was wondering if there are any plans to move the libtool that is in
the GCC tree to 1.5?  The current libtool in GCC appears to be based on
the 1.4 version and the real libtool project is currently shipping
libtool 1.5.22.

The reason I am interested in this is that I have some bugs that I
believe are due to the old libtool and would go away if we updated.

For the ia64-hp-hpux11.23 target, libtool 1.4 uses ld to build shared
libraries whereas libtool 1.5 uses 'gcc -shared' if the compiler is GCC
and 'cc -b' if the compiler is HP.  This ensures that the shared library
has the necessary dependent libraries linked in to it when it is built.

I could fix this on the 1.4 branch but I am guessing that libtool
doesn't really want 1.4 fixes anymore and the problem is already handled
on the 1.5 branch so I was wondering if there are plans to move GCC to
a 1.5 libtool.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com