Re: FSF Policy re. inclusion of source code from other projects in GCC

Richard Guenther wrote:

> I understand it in the way that we should modify the imported parts
> upstream (or not), while we can for sure add glues and wrappers or
> other thinks to libgcc-math.

Yes, you can add glue/wrappers.

> So this discussion only affects flt-32
> and dbl-64 directories.  I don't think this will make the libstdc++-v3
> issues impossible - maybe a little harder.  If there will be a point where
> a true fork is inevitable, we can politely ask again.

Indeed.  However, RMS has indicated the first approach should be to
approach the GLIBC folks, and that they should be willing to accomodate
reasonable changes, even if those changes aren't directly beneficial to
GLIBC itself.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery