Re: Would like to use gcc source code to improve compiler development skills

On 3/9/06, Lalit Gidwani <l.gidwani@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have C/C++/Java programming skills. I have also
> studied a couple of books on compiler development. I
> would like to start with a project that will provide
> me with the experience of having participated in a
> real compiler development effort. I am interested in
> C/C++/Java.
>
> Can you tell me which module I should download from
> your CVS server. I would like to study code for all
> the major phases including lexical analysis, parsing,
> semantic analysis, intermediate code generation,
> optimation, and code generation.

The web page http://gcc.gnu.org/install/ has instructions for
downloading the complete GCC sources and building them.

This list is generally meant for discussion about active development
of GCC.  If you find you need help building GCC, you should ask those
questions on the gcc-help mailing list; see
http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html.