Preserving bootstrap with non-GCC compilers

Hi,

I'm a big fan of Zack's "over-my-dead-body" motto when it comes to ditching
bootstrap with non-GCC compilers. :-)  It turns out that bootstrap is again
broken on mainline for them (at least Sun CC) and that the problem is another
instance of PR bootstrap/18058.

Now the problem is reproducible with GCC if the build is configured with
CC="gcc -fkeep-inline-functions".

Given that the problem has already showed up at least twice and that there is
a straightforward way to mimic it with GCC, I'm proposing to be proactive and
add -fkeep-inline-functions to CFLAGS for stage1 of an --enable-bootstrap
build if the bootstrap compiler is a version of GCC that supports it.  More
generally, if other bootstrap with non-GCC compilers issues pop up, I think
we should strive to emulate them with GCC.

Comments?  I'm of course also volunteering to write the patch, provided that
an adept at the new bootstrap (black) magic gives me a clue as to where I
should start. :-)

--
Eric Botcazou