Re: Mainline bootstrap failure (revision 110017)

Hello,

> > So he updated his tree, saw changes in the middle-end and committed
> > his without testing.
>
> So Kenny would have had to lauch a new bootstrap, wait for a couple of hours
> only to discover that something again changed in-between, and so on?

while the testing procedures for gcc recommend to do full testing before
commiting, especially in case you have reason to believe that something
related has changed, it is not mandatory.

But, it is a good idea to spend a few seconds by checking that gcc at
least builds (or in this particular case, does not).  While this also is
not mandatory, it is a common sense, I guess.

Zdenek