Re: Example of debugging GCC with toplevel bootstrap

Richard Kenner wrote:

   As I said multiple times, *of course* bootstrapping will *never* be
   mandatory.  On the other hand, GCC-only bootstrapping
   (i.e. configuring with disabled bootstrap, and then typing "make
   bootstrap") will be deleted.

You've now heard *a lot* of people say that they don't want this deleted:
that it's a useful test that they want to keep using. Why do you propose
to delete it given that?

Who? Most people I've read the messages of, believed that disable-bootstrap would have been deleted tout court, without providing a way of building a non-self-built GCC.

Anyway, let's suspend this discussion for a while until I've applied the patches that bring more similarity to the old system, e.g. PR 25670.

Paolo