Re: Status and rationale for toplevel bootstrap (was Re: Example of debugging GCC with toplevel bootstrap)

    From the user point of view it is a bad bug that you cannot bootstrap
    a 64-bit compiler starting from a 32-bit one (because stage2 does not
    find a 64-bit libiberty to use).

To me, "bootstrap" means that all three compilers are identical in
configuration, so I don't follow your example.

    Except "cd gcc; make bootstrap" because the two methods *cannot* live
    together in the same tree.

Since that's what I (and others, from the sound of it), need to do all the
time, it sounds like we'll keep using --disable-bootstrap forever.