Re: Xscale big endian tool-chain (how to build it?)

Richard Earnshaw wrote:

Next, I suggest you add --with-cpu=xscale when configuring GCC. You can
then drop the -mcpu=xscale when compiling (this should also give you
better libraries for your system). However, beware that you libraries
will now only run on ARMv5 or later processors.

IMHO using the separate 'xscale-elf' target template in the 'gcc/config.gcc', this defining its
own things, instead of the generic ARM files, could sound being the most clean solution :

xscale-*-elf)
tm_file="arm/xscale-elf.h dbxelf.h elfos.h arm/unknown-elf.h arm/elf.h arm/aout.h arm/arm.h"
tmake_file=arm/t-xscale-elf
out_file=arm/arm.c
md_file=arm/arm.md
extra_modes=arm/arm-modes.def
use_fixproto=yes
;;

This was taken from gcc-3.4.5 sources but I would assume gcc-4.x keeping the separate 'xscale-*'
targets. Anyway when the primary target is XScale, those 'xscale-*' target names should be the
first to try, not the 'arm-*'.