Re: -fpic no optimization...

On Jan 1, 2006, at 9:26 AM, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
I noted that when PIC is enabled (-fpic, Linux Intel) ebx is reserved to global pointer. However LzmaDecode do not access any global data and do not call other functions (no relocations at all) so why not use ebx register?

This is a known issue and isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon... the details as to why are gory and beyond the scope of this email, though, we too would love it if someone fixed this.